Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week One: Sense of Safety

It is the first week of the year, and with that goes the first chapter in the first book of The Complete Artist's Way.  This chapter, entitled Week 1: Recovering a Sense of Safety is designed to begin one on the path of removing roadblocks to creativity.  I have my share of those roadblocks, like the feelings of exhaustion I get when thinking about certain tasks, even likable tasks (such as adding to the novel). Perhaps the roadblocks are the results of underlying fears, or maybe, at least in the case of the feelings of exhaustion, I really am just too tired. (Or, as my sister would say, Vitamin B deficient.)

One of the supportive elements that I have going for me is my wonderful Mr. B, aka "Honey."  At first I was a bit hesitant -- should I share about my personal goal for the year (working through this book) when it might seem or sound silly? But I took the plunge and was rewarded with enthusiasm and support. What a great way to start the year!

I am in the first week, I've written morning pages each day (although not necessarily in the morning), and I've started reading the first chapter of the first book.  All in all, not a bad start. What will tomorrow bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...