- My favorite childhood toy was...toys? We had toys? I don't know...probably the ceramic horses that were my aunt's in her childhood.
- My favorite childhood game was...playing war in the forest with the boys.
- The best movie I ever saw as a kid was...The Court Jester. It's still the best. The Princess Bride was pretty good, too.
- I don't do it much but I enjoy...reading a whole book in a day.
- If I could lighten up a little, I'd let myself...this is hard because I'm not sure what it would be. I keep thinking "No! If you lighten up you'll be a long-skirt-and-tie-dye-wearing hippie!" But then I realize I could lighten up in other ways, like letting the house go for a day and just sitting and reading. That would be nice.
- If it weren't too late, I'd...get a master's degree in European history.
- My favorite musical instrument is...the violin. I love the piano, too.
- The amount of money I spend on treating myself to entertainment each month is...well, if you count our Netflix bill, we spend $9.99/month on entertainment. If art supplies are counted, then maybe an additional $20/month, but only a few months out of the year.
- If I weren't so stingy with my artist, I'd buy her...a piano, a Silhouette machine, and numerous frames and canvases.
- Taking time out for myself is...something I'm learning to do.
- I'm afraid that if I start dreaming...I won't do anything productive.
- I secretly enjoy reading...thriller/suspense novels.
- If I'd had a perfect childhood I'd have grown up to be...I'm not sure because this is so far from reality. Maybe a famous historian.
- If it didn't sound so crazy, I'd write or make a(n)...album.
- My parent(s) think artists are...poor.
- My God things artists are...colorful.
- What makes me feel weird about this recovery is...the amount of time that it takes: on the one hand I feel good about creating things, on the other hand I worry that I am just wasting time.
- Learning to trust myself is probably...going to take a while.
- My most cheer me up music is...depending on the day, Sam Cooke or something from the Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong era or Pink Martini.
- My favorite way to dress...is business casual.
Friday, January 21, 2011
A bit of sleuthing...
One of the activities this week in chapter three of The Artist's Way is to do a bit of free-association to help work on a sense of self. Here it goes...