Wednesday, January 26, 2011

For a bunch of hooey, this is certainly filled with striking coincidences.

I've been reading up on numerology a bit lately, just out of curiosity.  Sometimes I wonder if I should find a book rather than rely on Google searches, in the hopes that I can actually find more answers.  I tend to think that it's probably just a bunch of hooey, but it's interesting and it provides a few minutes' distraction when I'm supposed to be doing something that I don't want to do.  So yesterday I read for a few minutes about "special traits/talents numbers."  The idea is that one assigns each letter in one's full name a number, and then the numbers are counted up and one's "special trait" number is based on whatever number appears in a "higher than average" ratio.  (Who even comes up with these things? And how does one come up with a system/theory like this??)

It took me about two minutes (maybe) to calculate my name and realize that I had four numbers that popped out (is that supposed to happen?): 1, 3, 5, 9.  And most of those appeared quite frequently, meaning, supposedly, that it's a very strong trait.  Like I said, I don't really believe in this stuff, I'm just curious (I want to know how it started, why, etc.), but I did find the descriptions very interesting:

1: You are strong-willed, assertive and possibly destined to be a leader. The more 1's in your name, the more tyrannical others will probably find your personality.
Well, I've been told I can be intimidating just by being me, so I guess that fits.  I'd just hate to be called tyrannical.

3: Chances are that you possess an extraordinary talent of some kind. The more threes that are in your name the more multi-faceted or stronger your talents are.
I have no idea if I have any special talent, but I am working to find it this year and discover my "core brilliance," whatever it may be.

5: You are likely to be a bit of a maverick who enjoys traveling and meeting people.  If you have a lot of fives you may be easily distracted and often accused of having too many projects going at one
time. Staying in one place bores you.

Okay, now this really hit the nail on the head, so to speak. One of my brothers was just telling me the other day that I need to focus because I always have too many things going on.  And I am always looking for something exciting, a change of some sort.


9: You are an idealistic individual who is probably generous and self-sacrificing to a fault. The more 9's you have in your name, the more likely you are to be perceived as a fanatic or religious extremist. Nines in your name can also signify psychic talent.
I definitely used to be fanatical and extreme! I like to think that I'm more balanced now.  But I also would hope that I am generous towards others.


So it's not much, really, just interesting, and I thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...