Saturday, January 8, 2011

An Artist's Date...sort of...

Today I worked on my dissertation a bit, was distracted by the horrible tragedy of a crazy kid shooting a congresswoman and killing several others and then, eventually, decided that I needed to go on my Artist's Date since it was the last day in my week and I did so want to be good for Week One.  I ended up going to several places and walked around a bit for inspiration.  First, I went to Good Will.  This is always a good place to start, I think, because it is filled with plenty of once-loved-now-discarded odds and ends. Artistic inspiration abounds. I found something I thought might be useful. Then I went to the Dollar Store (this time a failure), went to the local library to pick up some books on hold (and search their used books for sale -- I bought six and spent a total of $3), and then ran to Michael's.  If I had $20-40 I would've made quite the score because all the holiday gear was on sale.  Instead I bought some paper and a few holiday items, spent $2.96 and came back home. Tomorrow we will see what I will create.

In the meantime, as I was driving I heard about the new round of "Three Minute Fiction" on NPR.  I'm considering a submission. Since I haven't written anything yet it's still a pipe dream, so we'll see what happens.  Creativity abounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...