I love leaf art prints, but who wants to pay that price?
Trust me: it's cheap, it looks good, and it's done in a short amount of time so it's very satisfactory.
Steps to create art (sorry about the photos --next time I do this I'll take better pictures):
- Take canvas (save a Michael's or Joann's 40% or 50% off coupon and it's a good price) and choose leaves to use on the art.
- Pick a few extra leaves and test on newspaper. Spray paint the back on the leaf (with the most ridges) and press it on the newspaper. This will give you an idea of what it will look like on canvas. Once you have chosen leaves that you like - I recommend fern, palm, bleeding heart, or something else that has a lot of definition -- make sure you have clean leaves for the canvas.
- Spray paint the canvas. Sometimes a mottled paint, like this, is a nice idea:
- Once the base coat on the canvas has dried, spray paint the back of the leaf and carefully press onto the canvas.
- Wait until it dries and hang up -- it looks great in-person, trust me! :-)