Thursday, January 6, 2011

Too many deep thoughts = hunger, exhaustion

Today I had an all-day meeting at work. I was skeptical about this meeting, at first, because I did not necessarily agree with its stated premise. However, after the guest speaker this morning I started thinking. It turns out that I agreed with what the guest speaker had to say, but unfortunately that made me start thinking about my current place of employment and all the work I think that they need to do.

I am going to bed.  I just didn't want to go to bed without writing something. This something is to say that deep thinking makes me very hungry.  And very tired.  (Perhaps if I thought that the situation for this particular place of employment wasn't so hopeless then I wouldn't be so tired, but that is complete speculation and so I cannot know for sure.)  It's an odd combination.  I may discuss that in greater detail tomorrow, or perhaps I'll just discuss the art of language and interpretation (which was my original plan as I sat in the meeting before it drained all life from my body), or perhaps I'll discuss something completely unrelated and I'll let this subject go the way of the dodo.  Only time will tell.

I just didn't want to let a day go by without a posting. That is my Guilt Monster speaking, of course. I was at work and, for reasons best known only to those familiar with my particular place of employment, my work feeds the Monster. And that, definitely, is the subject of a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...