Day One: Post a picture of yourself and fifteen (or ten) random facts.
- I've had many nicknames, but I love that in college some called me "Mom" and as a teacher I had kids call me "Mom" or "Mama B."
- I love reading and would gladly get lost in a good book.
- Few things make me happier than drinking wine and watching some television with my Honey.
- I love my animals more than anything.
- I don't have biological children, but I spent several years raising baby boys and now periodically I have teenagers that live with me, so I think I'll always be "Mom," at least in some way.
- Every morning I have a lattee and an english muffin for breakfast.
- I have four tattoos with a plan for at least two more. I have to think about tattoos for years before I decide to have anything done.
- I love traveling, especially traveling with Honey, but I hate leaving my furry babies behind, even for a night.
- When I was young I thought God or Someone had made a mistake. I thought my hair was supposed to be black. It wasn't, so I set my heart on a partner who had black hair. My Honey has black hair and blue eyes -- and I now dye my hair black. All is good in the world.
- I am terrified of deep water, especially if I can't see the bottom. No cruises for this girl!
- I've had a mega-crush on Edward Norton since Keeping the Faith.
- I love all types of music, but given my choice and depending on my mood I am usually listening to Harry Connick Jr., Roy Orbison & Sam Cooke, or more classic folk like Peter, Paul & Mary. (I also love Everclear, Eve 6, Green Day, & Blink 182, but they tend to be secret indulgences.)
- I adore Chrisopher Guest movies and my favorite is A Mighty Wind.
- I have a few dreams in life, including going to Istanbul (just to see the sights) and living out in the middle of nearly nowhere with a vineyard and orchard and garden and pets.
- I love serving people but I hate it when people have expectations of me. I would gladly make exquisite meals, drive a bazillion miles out of my way to care for someone, but if that person starts expecting that kind of treatment then I resent it and stop.
I'm sure there are more things to share, but that's it for tonight! Unless there's anything you want to know, in which case -- ask away! We'll see if I answer... ;-)