Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day Five: A Picture from My Favorite Memory

These past few weeks life has been so busy that I haven't had more than a few hours' sleep each night.  Consequently, I don't feel very creative.  (I didn't even post my tiny project from this weekend!)  Participating in the Thirty Day Challenge is fun, but it's made me realize, yet again, that I struggle with some of these tasks, especially those involving memory.

I don't have the world's best memory, at least not when it comes to aspects of my own life.  Most of what happened before age 20 or so is a blur, blocked on purpose or blocked because of stress.  I often tell Honey, and sometimes Bestie #1, that I would have to believe anything they told me happened in high school because chances are I have no recollection of those events.  I have a feeling that this is not normal for the majority of the population, but my sister tells me that she relates and so it must have something to do with our "interesting" upbringing.

My memory is a bit better now, but that doesn't mean it's easy for me to think of a favorite memory.  My brain kept me up half of my already-short time to sleep pondering what a favorite memory might be -- perhaps something involving Honey or the furry babies or being proud of "my kids" and their accomplishments.  I don't know.  So we'll go with an enjoyable memory.

Our last trip to Vietnam a few years ago.  We had to wash our clothes, so we did it the way everyone else would -- in buckets.  I showed a friend how to do it.  As we were washing clothes, the people from the neighborhood rushed over to take pictures of the Americans doing laundry.  It still makes me smile, and it made the neighbors laugh.  That's a good memory.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad! My memory of pre-20 life is useless too. I thought I was the only one! But I didn't really like high school anyway so it's no biggie. My memory went all dodgy in recent years and we traced it to low thyroid! Go figure! Until my levels got sorted out, every day was a constant record of mike saying "we've discussed this before, Jen" lol poor guy!
    Love the washing pics! Oooh I'm so glad to have a nice washer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...