Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 15: A Picture of Something I Want to Do before I Die

Today's task didn't require as much mental energy as past days on this Thirty Day Challenge.  Thank God for that!  After dealing with a bazillion things that have made life beyond crazy (topped off this morning by Honey finding a dead shrew in our room, courtesy of one of our four cats -- how does a mouse get inside the house?!?!?), I could sure use an easy task. 

If I were talking about a crazy, never-gonna-happen something I'd like to do before I die, I'd find a picture of Glee and a picture of a principal and say that I want to be a cast member on Glee, one that sings, replaces the current principal (even if only for a few episodes), is not an idiot and comes in and gives Sue Sylvester a run for her money.  There are only a few problems with this idea, not the least of which being that I can neither sing nor act (although I've tried my hand at both and wish that I had talent in this area).

Instead, let's focus on a real dream, something that has a possibility of actually occurring in my lifetime.

I want to go to Istanbul.  And after several years of saying this, I think that Honey finally agrees it would be a nice trip.  Now all that is standing in our way is cost.  We tend to go somewhere each year between Christmas and New Year's, but we have a budget.  We choose our destination based on three criteria:
  1. Does this fit within the travel budget?
  2. Does the destination have good public transportation since we won't be renting a car?
  3. Is this a pedestrian-friendly place, since we'll probably be walking 12-15 miles a day to see the sights?
Honestly, I'm not sure how Istanbul rates on the last two questions because it's never fit within the budget so it's never been an option.  But for the past year or so I've seen more and more magazines and travel articles highlighting Istanbul and it only serves to make my desire to go there even stronger.  Fingers crossed for Istanbul within the next few years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...