It really is the simple things in life that make life beautiful. Simple things, like an adorable kitty, a colorful stir fry, a nice bottle of wine. And like a wise person once said, the best things in life are free. So, what do you get when you combine something simple with something free? A blogger award! And it really does seem like one of the best things in life that makes life just that much more beautiful.
My BlogFriend, Christina @ The Tattered Tag (who just reached the 100-follower mark -- congratulations!), bestowed upon me two blogging awards.
|Yay for awards|
What, me? Really?? This is such an honor!! I feel this way especially because I've only really been blogging since January and I have a small following. This blog is about my journey through creative recovery and I feel thankful for the people who are along for the ride.
So how does this award work? I'm so glad you asked!
- Thank and link back to the person who bestowed the award on you.
- Share seven random things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers (share the love!!)
- Contact the bloggers and inform them of the award.
So here are seven random things about me:
- While I love to craft, create, and give gifts to people, I absolutely hate wrapping gifts. (Seriously, people are lucky if it comes in a gift bag. Count yourself double-lucky if that gift bag also included tissue paper.)
- I love coffee and tea, and my favorite tea in the whole world is the Earl Grey from Allann Bros., a local coffee roasting company.
- Few things make me happier than listening to Sam Cooke and Roy Orbison while cooking in the kitchen.
- My favorite colors are shades of orange and blue, which is why just about every room in my house is painted with some variation of those colors.
- Teaching is my passion, and while I love teaching and working with adults, which is what I do now, I miss "my kids," because few things are quite as fun as teaching high school.
- I am completely addicted to NPR and OPB and go into serious withdrawals when I can't get my daily fix.
- My breakfast consists of a cup of coffee and a toasted english muffin and it has been that way for years. I love english muffins and would eat them for every meal if I could. Seriously, they are that good.
Were those facts random enough?
And now the moment that you've all been waiting for -- the passing of the awards! I am awarding
- Shiree @ pistolsnprincesses
- Melanie @ You Made That
- Nicole @ Thrifty Decorating
- Allyson @ No Place Like Our Home
- Kristen @ Just Live Simply
- Jonie Marie @ Just Between Friends
- Cassie @ Hi, Sugarplum!
- Brandi @ Don't Disturb This Groove
- Judy @ DIY by Design
- Ellen @ Creative Passage
- Tracie @ Cleverly Inspired
- Lisa @ A Vintage Vine
- Nicole @ A Home for A Bunny
- CAS @ An Oasis in the Desert
- Courtney @ A Thoughtful Place
There. Whew, that was a lot of work! There are so many wonderful people with blogs out there that I want to recognize everyone! But we'll stick with 15 for now, since those are the rules. :-) Check out these amazing women and their blogs -- you'll be glad that you did!
And thanks again, Christina @ The Tattered Tag. You are amazing!