Sunday, February 27, 2011

Finally, a good use for an old frame.

My grandmother gave me a wooden frame one year.  It has no glass.  It's just wood stained a greenish color.  But because Grama gave it to me, I've hung onto it all these years thinking that I would do something with it.  (This is unusual for me -- I always get rid of things that haven't been used within the past couple months. Just ask Honey. It's one of Honey's pet peeves.)

Tonight, I was inspired: memo board for my ugly office!

I bought a foam board at Michael's for $1.50 and had Honey cut it to size.  I had all the other supplies on hand:

I sprayed the foam board with tacky glue and then pressed the fabric onto it.  I only had scraps of fabric and so used ribbon to cover the seams.  I like it!  Finally, something to do with the frame.


March 24, 2011 -- Update. I'm linking this project to a $5 craft challenge here:
Visit thecsiproject.com

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...