Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 Goals Check-In

At the beginning of the year, I set goals for the things I wanted to accomplish.  Some goals were big (finishing three tomes and blogging about them, writing for publication), some were small (craft more, blog more), but all were important.  And now that we've reached the end of January, I thought that it would be good to check on my progress.  After all, we're 1/12th of the way through the year!  Doesn't it sound scary when you put it that way?

  • Goal #4: Write notes and letters more often.  I've made it through each week of this month having written at least one note or letter to someone somewhere in my life!
  • Goal #7: Craft more. I'm sitting nearly every evening with some sort of project on my lap -- usually just something simple, like a necklace made of ribbons and fake pearls, but it's still crafty.  And I have a few projects this week that I'd like to do (but they'll probably have to wait for Saturday).
  • Goal #8: Blog more.  Well that's sure happening!  I fell off the blogging bandwagon in a big way last year and I'm slowly making my way back.  It's still not one post a day, as I would like, but it's getting there.
  • Goal #9: Exercise more. The treadmill desk that Honey made is making this an easier goal.  I was doing some ab and arm exercises, too, and I've been a bit lazy these past ten days or so, so I need to get back into that habit, but all in all...hopefully I'm on the way to a summer dress body.
  • Goal #10: Spend less.  Is this a "remains to be seen"?  If we talk about spending on all but pet medical necessities, then I have succeeded for this month.  Of course pet medical necessities can blow a budget out of the water and I should make up for that by cutting back (cutting back what?!), and I haven't, so...
  • Goal #13:Take a class.  I am and I love it!  More on that later...maybe.
  • Goal #18:Figure out what I want to do for a career. I've got it!  And I'll share it with the world, but probably not until sometime in February...I've got to set a few things up first.

I've had a few derailments this month, not the least of which was Nicky's sudden illness.  He is still stable, which is a miracle, and we're playing a waiting game knowing that his body will probably not be able to stay much longer.  We're all thankful for the time we have, it's just that sometimes the time with furry babies is cut short.

I've also learned a few things about myself -- like I don't like doing 30-Day Challenges.  I'm going to blame it on my adult ADD because I just can't seem to stay focused enough to do something like that every single day, even if it's supposed to be fun (like photos).  The challenge makes it seem like work.  So I'm done with that.  (Please remind me I said this when I get the bright idea to do another challenge, which I probably will at some point this year.)

I'm ready for February.  Ready to get back on track.  Ready to learn more about myself and reach my goals. 2012, here it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...