Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Creative Day 6: Dabbling

It's a poor workman who blames his tools.  But that is the way that I feel tonight.  I keep thinking "If I had a better brush, maybe painting would be easier."  I don't know if that's true and paint brushes are a little expensive to try as an experiment.

I did not have much energy today but wanted to keep up with my commitment to do something creative every day of the month.  I thought about saying that my gluten-free Betty Crocker apple coffeecake knockoff is creative, but that might be stretching it.  Instead, I picked up old newspaper and tried painting again while waiting for the coffeecake to bake.

In case you were wondering, these are "trees."

I have no idea what that is -- malformed goldfish swimming around flowers?

The whole time I was painting I thought that it seems like it would be easier to paint if I had a better brush.  Or better paper.  Or I can just embrace the fact that I am not really a painter but I enjoy it and just keep practicing on the newspaper.  Maybe one day I'll improve, but even if that day doesn't arrive for a long time, at least we have something to do with the paper every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...