Monday, October 17, 2011

Busy Bee

Today I get to stand in front of a room full of graduate students and teach.  I am nervous and excited.  I love teaching!  And this is the second half of a workshop (the first half I taught the beginning of the month) and so I know the group, which is good.  It's a paying gig, which is helpful since I'm currently unemployed, although if I calculated how much time I've spent preparing and teaching against how much I'm being paid...well, let's just not do that right now.

Teaching is my life.  I love it.  I especially love teaching when it's a subject I enjoy.  Perhaps that is why I friend suggested last night that I try a new type of business.  She noticed how much I enjoy doing things at home -- cleaning, cooking, canning, gardening, harvesting, baking, crafting -- and said that I was like a professional homesteader so maybe I should see about teaching adults and teens how to do the things that I love.  This is a lovely idea.  I'm not sure how to turn something like this into a business -- most of the time I think "Yeah, but this is all so easy and anyone can do it and I am certainly not a professional and most of the time I'm just winging it."  I worry that someone would discover I am a fraud.  Hey, lady, who do you think you are?  You think you actually have some sort of valuable information to share with people? Who are you kidding? 

Obviously, I have to work on squishing my Critic and Guilt Monster because they are threatening me, undermining my inner thoughts.  But for now I will shove them into a closet inside my mind, ignore them, and think about possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...