Sunday, September 4, 2011

The sucker explains


Now I have to decide what to do.  I was very, very angry earlier this weekend.  First of all, we have First Friday Family Dinner the first Friday of every month.  It has been this way for ages.  The dinner involves family plus people I love as family and it is at my house.  I make everything.  I love to feed people.  This month was supposed to be special -- the whole meal involved crops from the garden.

Of course at the last minute, all family members (except Tin Man and Buster) bail out.  "We have other plans!" They said.  Really?  You know that dinner is the first Friday of every month and yet you don't bother to tell me you won't be able to make it until after I've fixed food for 20 people?  And then The Cougar sent a text after dinner started to say that she won't be able to make it.  (That was fine, I am still angry about that situation.)

You know who did make it?  A few friends that I love.  And we had such an enjoyable time.  I'm to the point where I would really like to wash my hands of family and a few others and just let them rot.  I can make my own new family.

But I have The Teenager...who just happens to be acting like a teenager and driving me nuts with his horrible attitude, irresponsibility, and lack of respect.  We're going to have a "come to Jesus" talk here in a bit because if he wants to stay here he needs to shape up.  Otherwise, he can return to his mother and be a high school drop out like he was before he came here.  But if he chooses to stay here, I can't abandon all the other family members.  The Teenager needs a chance at a connected family and he has no idea they are such turds.

That is it.  That is as nice as I can be about some people.

Family and close (or formerly close) friends have taught me a few things:

1). Never trust anyone.
2). People are selfish.
3). People only like you if you do something for them. And if you live on a budget and make it work, some people think that you have money to just toss away and resent you when you don't give them your money.
4). People don't appreciate the kindness of others.
5). Words of love mean nothing without action.
6). Being crazy, whores, and liars is genetic.
7). Being around family may turn a sane, loving person into someone who considers becoming an alcoholic.
8). People will always disappoint.
9). No one wants advice, even if they ask for it.
10). Life is always full of surprises and they aren't all good.

The worst part is that I am a very kind, optimistic person most of the time and I tend to trust that people will make sensible decisions, will stay true to their word, and will be kind.

It is really sad to me that the people I was supposed to be closest to are the people I can't trust or rely on at all.  And now this introvert feels even more isolated.

4 comments:

  1. Oh poppit! How crap, thats such a shoddy thing for them to do, manners cost nothing!

    I'm with you on the family thing, sometimes I wonder if I should cut the ties, but I wonder if I can do that to my kids.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am sorry for you. Family shite is one reason I'm so happy here in the UK. I'm so far away from them and don't have to deal with any crap. The teen sounds like he thinks there's plenty of time to make good so he can be obnoxious for a while at least. Sigh. Their brains are wired up so differently aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being taken for granted stinks! I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 3: at least the money thing. I think it's because people can't believe that I know how to budget let alone know what that word even means! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...